Your privacy is important to MedFuture
Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines MedFuture policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold and reflects our commitment to you. It applies to all operations within Medfuture Medical & Healthcare Recruitment (Australia) Pty Limited (“MedFuture”) in Australia, including visitors to our website.
Australian Privacy Act (Established in 1998) applies to Medfuture PTY LTD trade as Medfuture Medical & Healthcare Recruitment Pprotecting the privacy and confidentiality of our clients and candidates personal information is fundamental to the way in which MedFuture Recruitment does business.
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we manage personal information.
Types of personal information held by MedFuture and when and how it is collected
Personal information means information or an opinion about you. It includes information regarding your contact details, work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg references), incidents at the workplace, and other information obtained or received by us in connection with your possible and actual work placements.
We may collect personal or sensitive information about you when:
- You complete one of our application forms or provide any other information in connection with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matterinquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
Your personal information collected on the MedFuture websites
In some instances we may need specific information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number etc. We will collect this information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website. We may also ask you for other information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
What is your Personal Information?
Personal information may be any information or opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg. medical history or condition) to the everyday (eg. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
It includes personal information collected to provide health services. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
Purposes and use for which we collect personal information
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/email/sms
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our direct marketing to you
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
We may disclose your personal information (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers, clients of MedFuture and trusted third parties
- MedFuture employees and potential employers located in Australia (and any other countries where MedFuture may provide its services in the future) regarding possible work placements or to assist us in providing our services to you
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a legitimate interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the MedFuture’ website.
We and our Overseas Business Support Service providers may disclose or access your personal and sensitive information to their staff or to their overseas based service providers located in UK, USA, New Zealand, Swiss, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, Singapore, India, Bangladesh, Nepal Sri Lanka and Any other Overseas Locations. These information may be required to disclose under the respective countries' foreign Authorities under their foreign law OR as per their disclosure policy. Any further information OR Concern on this Overseas Disclosure, Feel free to send us an email to email@example.com
How do we store and protect personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
MedFuture takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds and discloses is accurate, up to date and complete. We recognize that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your customer information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
If you have created a profile with MedFuture via our website, you are able to review and edit your personal information at any time by logging into your account and reviewing your profile. You can delete your personal information or close your account by contacting the Privacy Officer. If you do choose to close your account with MedFuture, MedFuture may retain personal information from your account as and where required by law.
How to contact us?
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information, you should contact our HR Director/ Privacy Coordinator – during normal office hours, which are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (AEST)
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 10 working days, and aim to resolve all complaints within 30 working days. This may not be possible in all circumstances depending on the contents of the complaint. In this situation, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable time.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in both the Australian Privacy Principles you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Officer for an application form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made and provide access to the information in the manner requested, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
We may impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you. You should also anticipate that it may take time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review it in order to determine what information is relevant.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal and the process for escalation regarding this refusal.
You may request that we correct the personal information that we hold about you if you deem it to be inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps under the circumstances to correct the information.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will notify you in writing of the reasons detailing our refusal to correct the information and the process for escalation regarding this refusal. Should we refuse you may ask us to place with the information a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading and we will take such reasonable steps under the circumstances to associate the statement with your information. If you wish to exercise your rights of correction you should contact our Privacy Officer for an application form. We will not charge you for making the request to correct your information or associating a statement.